Fuel pump issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel pump issue

Ok, I have a 2000 21v fox edition with the 350 Mag MPI Ski engine. Two weeks ago I took her out for our first trip this season (long story) anyway, about 35 minutes in to our play day the she stalled. I found I missed a plug on the cooling system and that the supply hose to the impeller was collapsing under a load. Long story short, I popped a head gasket on cylinders 1,3,5,7. Tore it all down and rebuilt the top end. Test fire, she runs perfect idling with a fake a lake, a couple of blips of the throttle just get her up to temp. Now I’m back two days later and the fuel pump is just running and freaking out and flooding the engine. After some thought, it was doing the same thing the day I over heated the engine. So what should I look for to fix my issue?

Thanks in advance

Update, the electrical system is going nuts. Relays chattering, fuel pump forcing fuel into the intake, distributor coil chattering, I was actually shocked by the coil wire when I pulled it off the distributor. I can get it stop when I pull one or the other wiring harness off the what I assume to be the ecm on the starboard exhaust manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mxnut23; 07-15-2020, 02:52 AM.

Hey MX, your ECM sounds like its died. Whats your location? We just went through this on another Mefi 3 engine.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
      Hey MX, your ECM sounds like its died. Whats your location? We just went through this on another Mefi 3 engine.
      I’m at the Lake of the Ozarks.

Comment

Contact Arizona speed and marine. Fix is a new ECM and runs about $1800.

Comment

Contact Arizona speed and marine. Fix is a new ECM and runs about $1800.
          It turns out it was the ignition control module in the distributor that wasn’t grounding well and was actually not reading the rotor.

Comment

Nice. Thats an easy fix with the updated unit.

Comment

Nice. Thats an easy fix with the updated unit.
              Yep!! My dad is a professional mechanic so he came over and helped me diagnose the issue. I hated asking him since it’s his day job and he deserves a break from that kind of stuff

Comment

Working...
              X