2017 RZX2 Speed limited to 10 mph????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 RZX2 Speed limited to 10 mph????

2017 RZX2 Boat won't go faster than 9-10 mph once we start using the surf mode setting. We can turn off cruise or set to a different sport with a faster setting and still it limits the speed. No alarms or error codes present. Everything else on the boat is working perfectly. We put the boat in the water and it worked fine at cruising speed (30mph+) but once we set it to surf mode we can get speed back.

I'd check the bilge for water. If you have too much water in the bilge boat cant ever get up to speed. Thats the usual cause if you can't get to speed even with speedset off.

If you find water this begs a bunch of other questions/issues.

Comment

Does it feel like a software limit or a power limit?
      Too much weight improperly distributed (like the rear 100% full with people in the back and the bow empty with no one) can make it impossible to get to speed.

Comment

It feels like a software limit. It will be gaining speed and then stop gaining instantly.

No water in the bilge.

We didn't have this issue last year and then had major services done this spring. Replaced all fluids and adjusting the engine position as it was off slightly.

It feels like the surf cruise control is taking over and not "releasing" once we try to go into a different mode.
        Last edited by satchjo; 06-30-2020, 07:46 PM.

Comment

What are the sequence of events? Do you start out in neutral and turn off you speed control, then put in gear and take off

Or

do you turn off speed control while moving? If you do so while moving, you might need to put the throttle back to idle or even neutral before speed control actually disengages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried everything. The first time it happened I pulled the fuses and left the battery off for an hour and it started working normal until after surfing. Then when I tried to get to cruising speed it would stop at 9-10mph.

Comment

I figured out what the issue was...one of the fat sacks didn't get properly connected during the summer service and was filling the engine compartment with water. Once it was connected properly everything runs perfectly again. Thanks to those who gave suggestions!

Comment

Glad you got it fixed. Had a feeling it was water in the bilge.

You NEED to check your engine oil to make sure water didn't get slung from belt into the intake and contaminated your engine oil. Its a thing.....

Comment

Working...
                X