No Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Spark

Hopefully, this is the correct location rather than the Electrical topic. I am not getting spark. The distributor looks pretty clean. I traced back to what I think is the Coil. It is measuring 12amps in and 12 amps out when the key is turned. Am I correct in thinking the amps out should be way higher? Also, what is the heat sync thing next to what I think is the coil? I've attached a picture. Any idea if this is my issue with spark? and what the parts are called? so I can find a replacement.
    Attached Files

Yes, that is the coil. Next to it is the ignition control module or as some would call it the pickup module. Both relatively cheap parts that can be sourced from your local auto parts store.

If you get a guy that know his stuff he will get them....if not you will have to say its for a late 90s GMC 1500, or something similar because that's just how those people know how to search for parts.

Comment

freeheel4life - Thank you, that gave me the info I need to find the part number. It is a Sierra Marine 18-5465 Ignition Coil, both the coil and the ignition module look to be one part. I'll come back after I get it and install it. Crossing fingers.

Comment

Ok, changed the coil and it didn’t fix my spark issue. In futzing around with it, I got it to fire up by messing with the plug. Put new plug to the coil in and fires right up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X