Throttle and transmission cables 2003 21i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle and transmission cables 2003 21i

I know I'm missing something, but I can't find the size of the cables I need. I'd rather not take out to find out so I can use the old ones to help pass through. Any suggestions on size and brand/model? Boat 2003 21i. I just finished the steering cable and it was way easier than I thought it would be.

The length should be the last 2 numbers on both cables stamped into the cables in white. I know....you don't want to pull them out to get the # off them.

So tie paracord or some other type of fish tape method to one end and pull them out letting the string follow their path. Then use the string to pull the new ones when you get them.

Comment

I knew I was missing something simple. It sucks being new to this stuff, but I'm willing to fail to learn. Thanks, freeheel4life.

For anyone else that has this question, I found the numbers and ID up close to the throttle. One was a 16-foot Seastar. The other was a 17ft Glendinning.

Comment

Noone was born crawling around boats and digging out cables brother. Thats just how I do it!! Thanks for posting your lengths for others.

When you get the new ones I tie them off so they can't extend while the are being pulled. Makes it easier to make any bends.

Comment

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X