Step Motor - RPM climbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step Motor - RPM climbing

First, let me say thank you to everyone on this board. I've been lurking and learning as much as I can. I purchased a Tige 2004 21i last year and I've been slowing getting it ready. I don't know much about engines but I'm pretty decent at problem-solving and I'm using this experience to learn. I'm currently stuck on an RPM issue. When the boat is idle it holds a solid idle. When I throttle the engine it revs up and then after de-throttling it continues to build is revs. I'm thinking it has something to do with the stepper motor, but I don't' know what its purpose is and if I replace it with what I need to pay attention to. I've attached a couple pictures.

Does anyone know if I'm on the right track? Idea?

That is for Perfect Pass(cruise control). Ive never had one cause the description you describe but its not impossible. You will find where the stepper motor cable joins the OEM throttle. You could disconnect the motor and run again. If everything is as it should be then you know it's something related to the step motor.

Perfect Pass has pretty awesome troubleshooting manuals on their website

http://perfectpass.com/?q=troubleshooting

Comment

freeheel4life - Thank you, their troubleshooting walked me hot to free up the seized motor. So far looking good, I'll know more when I put it under load.

Comment

Working...
      X