2017 Tige RZ2 Not Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Tige RZ2 Not Starting

We took our new (to us) boat out on the water today and surfed for a few hours and things were going great until we stopped to swim for about 30 minutes and then the engine would not start again. We brought out a jump battery and our gauges showed the charge was good but it would not turn over. We spent hours trying the restart sequence in the owners manual but ended up being the boat that had to get towed in. Any ideas out there?

So it would crank but not turn over (ie: start to get fuel)?

This sounds like a fuse or breaker. If it cranks, it may not be getting gas (fuel pump).

I’m sure boatwakes or freeheel will show up here in a second and lay some actual knowledge down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So after your 30 minute break it won't crank at all or cranks and doesn't start?? Im sure you checked the super obvious and made sure kill lanyard switch it closed and throttle is in neutral??

Are you hearing the fuel pump prime when you key on??

Comment

As above, what did the engine actually do? Turn the key and nothing? Turn the key and the engine would turn but not run on its own?
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

I’m having the same issue right now. What was the result?
          im in neutral but the throttle arm feels like it’s not the same as before.
          kill switch and lanyard in proper position.

Comment

I fought with this on the 4th of July with our Z both at the launch ramp and then at storage because I couldn't find the problem. 3 hours later, I found my 9 year old had pulled the lanyard and left it on the floor underneath it, completely unaware. Start with the lanyard on newer boats, neutral safety switch on older boats with mechanical throttle and shift.
            Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Hey Kevin what did you ever come up with on that no start? Bad throttle lever?

Comment

Working...
              X