02 350 MAG MPI went limp!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02 350 MAG MPI went limp!!

So went out today for first time this season. Well heading out I started getting an audible warning twice every 2 min. Then shut it down while my friend hopped in for a pull. Started it up hit the gas buddy got up then boat stalled. After that point anything over like 10MPH and the boat would run ruff then stall. Before going out I installed new impeller, plugs. Distributor, fuel filter and fuel water filter. Any ideas?

​​​​​​ check your fuel pressure while running. Also check to see if your fuel filter is clogged or has water in it. Also make sure the wire connections to the fuel pumps are connected and tight. Why did you have to replace the distributor?
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Replaced cap, not entire distributor.

Comment

That alarm means a sensor is reading something out of parameter. However, you'll need to connect a DTC to find out what's not right. As Wakeman said, fuel pressure is a likely candidate but the IAC on those engines is a failure prone sensor too. Post your engine serial number and I'll check if you've even got a fuel pressure sensor.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

So it was fuel and heat. My throttle body was completely gunked up and my thermostat was froze half open.

Comment

Working...
          X