Taps Sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps Sticking

My Taps system seems to be sticking. It'll go to 8 no problem...but it 's real slow moving off of that. I can get it down to about 5-4 if I'm lucky. I can hear the taps motor running and the gauge is trying to move, but nothing. I tried it in the water and out with the same results. Out of the water I could see the plate move all the way up to 8 with ease, but it was struggling to come back down. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I had to replace my taps pump. It would work pretty good to 8 but would not go back to one. I called and talked to Bennett and were pretty sure the pump was going bad. Replaced and it has worked great since.
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

How much did that cost you?

Comment

and is it a do it yourself type job?

Comment

Sounds like it's low on fluid. Fluid is being pulled from the res. and pushed into the ram as it is extended from "8" to "1".
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I would agree with chpthril check the fluid and give it another go. I tried every testing that I could think of and the bennett has a great website with trouble shooting issue with the pump.
            The cost from Bennett is 174.00 and you send your old pump back. It is real easy to replace.

Just my two
            15 Escalade ESV-Black
            08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

I like the way this going...adding fluid has got to be easier, quicker and cheaper than replacing a pump. As far as I know fluid has never been added, so I hope that's it. Final question...how do I check the fluid, how do I go about adding fluid and what fluid do I use? OK, I lied that was three questions.

Comment

1) Find pump/res
                2) add to "full" line with TAPS up (#8 on gauge)
                3) Dexron ATF
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                X