2000 Tige 21V maintance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 Tige 21V maintance

Just bought it at the end of summer last yr. Took it out maybe 8 times. First boat I have ever owned. I do have a couple of questions, the guy I bought it from said, "it'll make it thru this summer, but change all the fluids before you use it next year".

Where is the best place to get all my stuff? I need fluids and I guess new impellar.

NOTE: I have never done a boat yet, but I normally do all my own vehicle service and maintance. So...I figured I'd tackle the boat, can't be that hard.

I was just gonna do engine oil, drive, and impellar. I need to teak oil the wood part on the back too. But I seen a great thread on that with pics. Anything else I need to do?
    2000 Tige Fox Edition
    21V

Welcome:

In addition to what you said:
    Change fuel filter
    Change Transmission Fluid (suck it out)
    Change V-Drive oil (Square headed plug at lower stern side of unit)
    Check prop shaft alignment (loosen all four bolts holding it to the V-Drive, separate it slightly and make sure there is <= .003" difference in clearance between shaft side hub, and v-drive side hub all around)
    Check battery water and charge

Comment

Originally posted by noworries View Post
      Welcome:

In addition to what you said:
      Change fuel filter
      Change Transmission Fluid (suck it out)
      Change V-Drive oil (Square headed plug at lower stern side of unit)
      Check prop shaft alignment (loosen all four bolts holding it to the V-Drive, separate it slightly and make sure there is <= .003" difference in clearance between shaft side hub, and v-drive side hub all around)
      Check battery water and charge
      Thanks man. I might take her out of storage this weekend and start getting on top of this.
      2000 Tige Fox Edition
      21V

Comment

You know, I'd check the plugs, cap and rotor, and consider repacking the wheel bearings on the trailer. Oh, and change the brake fluid on the trailer. I'm doing that as well on my 2002. I'm sure the fluid's never been changed and it looks like coffee, with little rust grounds in it.

Just think of those things you'd like to get baselined.

Comment

Originally posted by BK. View Post
          Just bought it at the end of summer last yr. Took it out maybe 8 times. First boat I have ever owned. I do have a couple of questions, the guy I bought it from said, "it'll make it thru this summer, but change all the fluids before you use it next year".

Where is the best place to get all my stuff? I need fluids and I guess new impellar.

NOTE: I have never done a boat yet, but I normally do all my own vehicle service and maintance. So...I figured I'd tackle the boat, can't be that hard.

I was just gonna do engine oil, drive, and impellar. I need to teak oil the wood part on the back too. But I seen a great thread on that with pics. Anything else I need to do?
          When you put here away this Fall, change the engine oil and filter, add fuel stabilizer to the tank and run it for a few minutes after before draining block. Used oil is corrosive and the fuel stabilizer needs to pass through the filter and reach the injectors.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Brake fluid on 21V '00 trailer by dorsey

Any idea what brake fluid is used on these trailers? DOT 3 or 4 is listed in the manual, but the next line is to caution you not to mix DOT 3 & 4. Thanks for that Dorsey. a simple choice of 1 or the other would have given me about 4 hours of my life back.

Comment

Originally posted by insanemc View Post
              Any idea what brake fluid is used on these trailers? DOT 3 or 4 is listed in the manual, but the next line is to caution you not to mix DOT 3 & 4. Thanks for that Dorsey. a simple choice of 1 or the other would have given me about 4 hours of my life back.
              Typically DOT-3, but if in doubt use DOT-4. DOT-4 has a higher boiling point then DOT-3, so it can be used in a DOT-3 system, but you cant use DOT-3 in a system calling for DOT-4. DOT-5 is in no way compatible with the other two.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If you have a 350 mercruiser engine I have an excel file w/ winterization and p/n's. I don't have a V drive but most of it will work for you. Let me know. PM me w/ an email address.
                Dale
                2000 21i Tige

Comment

Prop shaft

What if the prop shaft alignment is out of the tolerances you specified? Is that a expensive Fix? Well im thinking about buying one and the boat has 450 hrs. What should i inspect before i buy?

Comment

Working...
                  X