Shrink wrapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrink wrapping

Has anyone shrink-wrapped their boat for winter storage? I stored my boat inside the last few years, but this year it will probably be stored outside. I am trying to save some money. It will cost me about $300 to have it shrink wrapped versus $700 to store it inside. (Man I miss my 3 car garage!!!!!!)

Is it worth it? Does it really keep the inside dry? Any thoughts would be appreciated?

I don't know about keeping it dry, but you want to make sure it is REALLY dry before they Shrink rap it, mildew, mold, etc. Several boat manuf. Store their boats outside with this stuff on it.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Yeah, that's what I've heard. You really need to make sure the inside is dried out. I suppose if I cover it after being wrapped, moisture will be very minimal on the outside, and non-existent on the inside?

Comment

I'd recommend some of those moisture absorbing deals strategically placed in a few compartments and the cockpit. That mildew is hard to get rid of.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Check out this company that specializes in shrink wrapping http://www.shrinkorsink.com/index.html

Comment

that article/website had a lot of info, thanks matt.

Dom
            Originally posted by G-MONEY
            It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X