scum line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scum line

We just got back from Lake Mead from a 10 day trip and the boat is stained a nasty yellow from the scum line. Anyone have the name of a product that will clean this without hurting the finish. I have tried all of the obvious cleaners. Thanks

I had the same thing after pulling out of Lake Powell (boat was in the water for about 5 days). The only thing that worked was Starbrite Hull Cleaner. This stuff really is amazing. No scrubbing - just wipe it on with a sponge then rinse it off after a minute or so.
    Overtons has it, but I bought mine in the marine section at Wal Mart.
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

Thanks for the help-headed to Wall-mart now!

Comment

Don't forget to apply a good layer or Marine Wax after the you clean the Hull with that stuff. It'll keep it cleaner longer!

Comment

FSR ( fiberglas stain remover) is the only thing I have found to remove bad waterline stains. It true, you must re-wax often to prevent the return of THE SCUM.

Comment

Vinegar works well too. I've found that if you really sop it on it will actually continue to dissolve scum and water spots. It rinses off really well and is a lot less toxic.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
            X