Oiling the Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oiling the Platform

I have a 22V - with a Teak Platform! It has a few scratches and light scuffs - I want to reoil it? What do I need to reseal it? Do I have to sand it then reseal, or just seal it? Thanks!

If there are a lot of scratches, you can sand them out, then apply teak oil liberally to the top and bottom of the platform...multiple coats is best. Wipe on a coat, let it soak in and dry, then repeat until there's a nice, deep luster to the wood. You can buy commercial teak cleaners too if the wood is dirty and greyish in color.

-Mike
    Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

No sealer, just good old Teak oil.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

here is the before and after of mine. i cleaned it with scrup brush and cleaner then rinse and let dry. then sand rinse and dry again. then oil. i used watco teak oil i got at home depot. but after all this i think next time it needs it im going to linex it. there are some good pics of boats with linex platforms over on wakeworld.com i like they way they look and love that the maint. is zero. here in FLA the sun is really hard on the teak plus my boat is outside 24/7 wich does not help. so its linex for me next time. never really a fan of teak anyway. good luck with yours.

Comment

Working...
          X