• Show
Clear All

NFL draft day project

took this project on while watching the nfl draft
    this is what i started with.
    got some cheap help.
    rinse after cleaning
    let it dry
    sand then apply oil 5 coats on the bottom it soaked it up like carzy and 3 on the top.
    oil is drying takes 10 hrs.
    over all i am pretty happy with it. its one soilid peice of wood for sure. heavy as hell. its a little darker than some ive seen. wich i dont mind it always turned dark when it got wet and since its going against a black boat should look ok. ill get some pics of it on boat 2morrow.
    Last edited by kko; 04-27-2008, 01:43 AM.

Looks good. What kind of oil did you use?

Comment

Watco brand made for teak.

Comment

I love the look of freshly oiled teak... That should look great on the boat...
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
        http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

Thats one pretty piece of wood...... Nice job.
          I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

Comment

What a difference, man that looks gooooooood
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by kko View Post
              Watco brand made for teak.
              kko
              Did you use any type a of cleaner on it? Like that three step system that is out or just the Watco teak oil. I have been sanding on mine off and on for the last week or so. Getting to the point I need to put something on it.
              Thanks, Looks great. I hope mine will tune out that nice.
              15 Escalade ESV-Black
              08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Originally posted by samw View Post
                kko
                Did you use any type a of cleaner on it? Like that three step system that is out or just the Watco teak oil. I have been sanding on mine off and on for the last week or so. Getting to the point I need to put something on it.
                Thanks, Looks great. I hope mine will tune out that nice.
                i didnt really plan this project out to well. friday when i was leaving work i decided to take it off the boat and do something with it as i have not had a chance since i bought the boat a few months back. (to many other projects on my fixer upper)so i didnt really buy any type of celaner/brightner oil kit. i knida made it up on the fly. my cleaner was fabuloso multipurpose cleaner w/ a little bleach added in. i got the bleach tip online somewhere. the oil i got from home depot well because it was the only one they had that was made for teak and reccomended for marine application. so for just winging it im happy with the way it came out. now we will see how long it last.
                dont forget to post up pics of yours.
                Last edited by kko; 04-28-2008, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Nice work, it looks great!
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Love the rich look of Teak, way better than Fiberglass IMHO. Looks so classy on the boat....just watch your step, it gets slick
                    Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Nice KKO, I did almost the exact same thing. I had Sirius 124 on the Draft and I was waxing and teakin' away. It was gorgeous here in Oregon over the weekend, I'm all stoked now for summertime!!!

Comment

Amazon Golden Teak Oil is what we always used on the family sail boats, my dad loved as much teak on a boat as possible. We even had an all wood boat that had a little sign on it that said "If god wanted fiberglass boats, he'd of planted fiberglass trees!" Luckily he outgrew that phase. Actually, it happened about the time I moved away from home and his cheap labor was no longer available

Comment

Working...
                        X