idler pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idler pulley

any one have issues w/ the idler pully squeeking at idle? I talked to the dealer, and he said they tend to act up after setting for the winter. I guess they may dry out. can they be serviced? or just replace?

It's a replaceable part. You can also pull it and clean it, but as cheap as they usually are and as easy as they are to replace, it should just be replaced. Not sure about the "marine" one, but a regular auto idler pulley is about $12-$20. GM engines are known for the pulley squeal. Do you have a picture?
    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

My neighbor's had a lot of problems with his initially. I think there's an alignment problem or something to that effect on the '01 & '02 models with the Mercruiser.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Sure it's not from the belt? You can tighten the belt in about 2 minutes--very easy to do.
        Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

yes, i tighten the belt & the noise is gone for half a day, then returns. the belt looks to be in good shape, but i may replace it anyway.

Comment

Had to replace mine a couple of years ago, it seized up on us. I oil mine every so often just to be safe. I also replace my belt and impeller at the beginning of each season to be on the safe side. If it does seize, it will burn through the belt in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetpaint View Post
              yes, i tighten the belt & the noise is gone for half a day, then returns. the belt looks to be in good shape, but i may replace it anyway.
              They may have put the wrong belt on it in the first place. That's what happened to my neighbor. The Ski Dock was able to find the right belt and that solved his problem.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
              X