Help with Board Racks on Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Board Racks on Tower

I have a 2006 22ve Riders Editiion with the non-fold board racks. They have a collar that wraps around the tower. My problem is getting them to stay. The dealer used some black sticky stuff to keep them on, however, one of them wont stay on. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can use to keep them in place?

thanks,

Jason

Originally posted by jdheltne View Post
    I have a 2006 22ve Riders Editiion with the non-fold board racks. They have a collar that wraps around the tower. My problem is getting them to stay. The dealer used some black sticky stuff to keep them on, however, one of them wont stay on. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can use to keep them in place?

thanks,

Jason
    I use to have that on my 22V 2005. I had the same issue for almost one year the racks just kept moving no matter how much I tight the bolts.

I finally took it over to my dealer and asked them about it, they said that it was a design issue with the racks and they would replace the old racks with a newer design that clamped the rack metal on metal.

Talk to your dealer he might give you a new rack.
    The laughter of the world is merely loneliness pathetically trying to reassure itself. - Neal A. Maxwell

Comment

Do you have a picture of your rack? I could tell you if it is the same that I use to have problems with.
      The laughter of the world is merely loneliness pathetically trying to reassure itself. - Neal A. Maxwell

Comment

I just talked to my dealer and they said they would contact Tige on my behalf and see what Tige wants to do about it. That doesnt sound promising unless Tige is willing to replace them.

Comment

Could you put a bolt through them and the tower?
          Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Working...
          X