Using a wetac after trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a wetac after trips

How many people use a wetvac after every trip??? I just took some friends with kids out...we do not have any...and they brought a bunch of sand in the boat. I didn't mind because the boat was filthy to begin with and I had planned to give it a good cleaning anyways which includes a good carpet soaking and vacuuming. I was just wondering of anyone vacuums after every tip to get excess water/crud out of the boat. That might help my mildew problem that seems to occur every three months.

I wetvac the bow storage areas every trip. I will do the whole boat if we get a beach but lately we just anchor in the coves and never touch the dirt and sand
    Let it be!!!

Comment

I do sometimes depending on what time we get home or if I swallowed a big roller over the bow.

I rigged up 4 12v fans on a little "upside down U" shaped wood contraption that holds my bow seats up and directs the fans down into my storage compartments. I hooked the fans to a power supply I used to use for my RC car battery chargers. It drys my storage areas overnight unless they are totally soaked. Looks stupid but works well.
      Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Love those RC Cars .

I only take the rollers over the bow when the girls in the bow are ignoring me. Thats how I get their attention
        Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
          Love those RC Cars .

I only take the rollers over the bow when the girls in the bow are ignoring me. Thats how I get their attention
          I've kinda gotten used to girls ignoring me; they've been doing it all my life
          Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Yup, wetvac the front storage areas and vacuum the carpet in the boat every time we bring it home to clean. It's great when you do get water over the bow

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
              Forget taking rollers over the bow to get their attention...I have this to drive the bow under. It'll literally blow their tops off

Gotta be careful tho, that's a lotta water.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                Forget taking rollers over the bow to get their attention...I have this to drive the bow under. It'll literally blow their tops off

Gotta be careful tho, that's a lotta water.
                Ya think????

Comment

I got one of the 5gal wall-mount Shop-Vac with a 20' hose. I can set the vac on the ground next to the boat and vac the entire thing with out moving the vac or having it in the boat.

I will usually vac it out if it's real wet inside, especially in the storage areas, dries much faster.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I use one of the small Stinger wet/vacs, maybe the two gallon size. I use it only to suck up the stuff in the carpet. We don't get much water in the boat that won't evaporate in the 110 degree sun. We might get caught in a monsoon once a summer, and then we just wipe it down and let it air out the next day. I also keep the compartments open under the cover when we store it between outings. The heat does the rest.

Comment

Working...
                    X