Carpet Adhesive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet Adhesive

I've got some carpeting coming loose in a few spots in my storage areas. I was wondering if anybody knew of the best adhesive to use to stick it back in place? Anything out there that is close to what the factory uses? Any help would be appreciated!

3M Carpet and Trim Adhesive Spray.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by pklakeguy View Post
      I've got some carpeting coming loose in a few spots in my storage areas. I was wondering if anybody knew of the best adhesive to use to stick it back in place? Anything out there that is close to what the factory uses? Any help would be appreciated!
      I got the same problem and tried pretty much everything I can find around the house.. duct tape, super glue and more.

Your best bet is trying what Chpthril recommended.
      Common Sense is not so Common
      Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Try some 3M Super 77.

Comment

Thanks guys. Got some 3M Super 77 at Wally World for $9.82. It worked just fine. Just sprayed and clamped back down for about an hour. I did however, go ahead and staple the corners where it would not lay flat.

Comment

For future reference use 3M water resistent contact cement. Works like charm and will hold even the most stubborn carpet in awkward positions without stapling.
            "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

Are the above adhesives/glues ok when in contact with fiberglass? Are there any ones that are best for carpet to fiberglass contact?
              Thanks

Comment

^^^ I've used the 3M on F/G, wood, Starboard, etc. holds great.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Goop Marine

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    3M Carpet and Trim Adhesive Spray.
                    Right on. Just had my whole boat re-done. That's what we used. Clean up is easy with mineral spirits for any over spray.
                    "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Working...
                    X