20V Start up help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20V Start up help!!!

I recently de-winterized my boat for a quick run at the lake. After connecting all the hoses, and charging the battery, I can't get it to start. The gauges don't move when the key goes to "on", and the safety buzzer doesn't even sound. I checked the panel under the driver side, but no fuses. I also have a main circuit breaker at the battery which was fine. Are there other circuit breakers that might be tripped? HELP!!

On my boat we have a, i think a 50 amp circuit breaker on the back of the engine. Its just a little red button and you push it in.

Did you make sure the key is nice and tight and all the wires are hooked up correctly?
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Also check your saf-T-switch (red lanyard attaches to it) if you have one installed. It will keep anything from turning on as well.
      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Make sure the boat is in neutral. I know it sounds silly, but the same thing happened to me a couple years ago. I shut the boat off at idle, and never returned to neutral. Man did I ever have egg on my face.
        "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Two things come to mind (1) battery is dead or bad (2) does your boat have a battery on/off switch placed close to the battery?
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, yes I made sure the throttle was in neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              Two things come to mind (1) battery is dead or bad (2) does your boat have a battery on/off switch placed close to the battery?
              I have separate battery wiring issues...I already completely disconnected the "perko" switch that was installed incorrectly by my dealer. This same problem happened to me on the lake already. One of three batteries was dead and wasn't allowing the boat to start, once I disconnected the switch, the boat started and ran fine (without the stereo). So when it happened again, I just disconnected the perko switch again and tried to start it, but nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                Also check your saf-T-switch (red lanyard attaches to it) if you have one installed. It will keep anything from turning on as well.
                Thanks for the quick reply, already checked it.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                  On my boat we have a, i think a 50 amp circuit breaker on the back of the engine. Its just a little red button and you push it in.

Did you make sure the key is nice and tight and all the wires are hooked up correctly?
                  I found my button under the "vortec" engine cover. The little red button was sticking out, I tried pushing it in, but it didn't go any where, so I figured it wasn't tripped. Any suggestions?

I did check the ignition wires at the key, they're very tight. They came loose last summer, so believe it or not, that was the first thing I checked, thanks.

Comment

Hook a multi meter up and see if you are getting voltage to anything? Check starter, ignition......if you aren't getting voltage, you can backtrace until you do.
                    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

What year boat do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                        What year boat do you have?
                        Its a 2006 20V

Comment

I believe you have a short in your safety lanyard. Turn your key to the on position and then wiggle the safety switch and see if you alarm comes on and gauges start to move.

Comment

I h s a similar issue. Also a 2006 20V. My helm lights come on,
                            Gauges all come on but my battery voltage meter doesn’t kick on. All batteries are brand new. Any ideas? It clicks when I turn it over but otherwise nothing. Should I be looking at a new starter? It was stored all winter in a heater garage. So hard to think something significant happened.
                            Li

Comment

Working...
                            X