Winterizing the ballast tanks on a 2015 RZR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterizing the ballast tanks on a 2015 RZR

I just bought a 2015 RZR and working through the winterizing process. The Tige manual says to pour antifreeze into the tanks though the vents. Problem is I don't know which ports are the vents. I've read lots of winterizing posts but can't seem to find an answer.

Can anyone point me to which ports are for the ballast tank vents? Thanks.

Most people just hold up the bags and click drain a bunch of times. But if I recall from my r20 the furthest back vents on are the drainS. Excluding the bilge which should be a slightly different size.

Comment

Problem is I don't know which ports are the vents.
      Doesnt really matter. Pour the A/F down either the vent or the drain outlet, all ends up in the same spot.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I like to pour antifreeze down both the vent and the drain pump discharge lines. That way the pump has antifreeze in it for sure, regardless of what's going on in the bag (folds, remaining water, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Z1owner View Post
          I like to pour antifreeze down both the vent and the drain pump discharge lines. That way the pump has antifreeze in it for sure, regardless of what's going on in the bag (folds, remaining water, etc.)
          That is what I do as well. I do about 1/2 gallon down the drain and 1/2 gallon down the vent for each bag. Cycle the drain pump on/off a couple times and good to go!

Comment

Ah. I get it now. Thanks for the replies. Very helpful.

Comment

After you put a gallon or so in, you could briefly turn on the drain and fluid will come out the drain. Other hole is the vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X