Raptor 440 drain plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor 440 drain plugs

Hi All - Planning to winterize my ZX1 soon.. Trying to figure out where everything is so I can be ready when the time comes..

So far I've been able to find 4 of the 5 drain locations. I've been able to find all of the locations on this first image:
    - Transmission Drain/Anode Blue Plug
    - Transmission Cooler Drain Blue Plug
    - Heat Exchanger Drain Blue Plug
    - Pump Impeller Housing

drain plugs 1.jpg

I can't for the life of me find the "blue plug of separate fitting on exhaust manifold crossover hose"

drain plugs 2.jpg

Any other ZX1 or Raptor 440 owners out there struggling with this? Or am I looking for something that is not there.. I've seen some posts in other forums where people suggest that the exhaust manifolds on some of the newer raptors do not need to drain this as it drains on it's own through the other plug locations.. Definitely do not want to risk any issues here though.

Thanks!

This should help.
    https://youtu.be/AtHaY4D2YHo

Comment

Thanks Reid- I’ve watched that vid a couple times, but I literally do not have a hose like that anywhere visible above or below the vdrive.

In the vid, after he pulls the vdrive plug he works on the plug in the hose I can’t find. The hose is literally right near the vdrive. That is the same way it is displayed on the user manual images.

I can’t find anything like that above or below my vdrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As I recall, I dont have that cross over line either. On each exhaust manifold towards the rear of the engine I have a large metal plug. I believe these are the “separate plugs” the text is referring to. I just remove them and allow the water to pore out. Not sure why some engines got the cross over and some didn’t.
        Last edited by UNSTUCK; 10-06-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I believe you are missing the exhaust riser drains as well. As Unstuck mentioned, some models have drain plugs in the risers instead of a hose connecting the two as mentioned in the manual.

It will either be a blue plug or a brass fitting itself on each riser.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
            As I recall, I dont have that cross over line either. On each exhaust manifold towards the rear of the engine I have a large metal plug. I believe these are the “separate plugs” the text is referring to. I just remove them and allow the water to pore out. Not sure why some engines got the cross over and some didn’t.
            Thank you! I did notice what felt like a bolt on the back of each manifold, but figured it was wrong. I’ll take a closer look but this makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Skidude04 View Post
              Thank you! I did notice what felt like a bolt on the back of each manifold, but figured it was wrong. I’ll take a closer look but this makes sense!

The 400/440 will have the following..

Blue plug- Exchanger
              Blue Plug-Bottom of V drive
              Blue Plug-At the crossover pipe next to the exchanger

Brass manifold drain plugs at the back of each manifold (opposite side as the belts)

The 400/440 will not have a cross over manifold hose as Tige does not do this with any models.

The 400/440 will also not have a v drive cooler hose underneath the motor.

The 460/575 will have all of the items above plus a little black drain screw as well as a trans cooler line that will receive a blue freeze plug as well. This hose is often hard to see, it usually is best located directly under the motor next to the oil pan. It will have a brass female fitting on the end which accepts the blue plastic freeze plug.
              Germaine Marine
              "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by Skidude04 View Post
                Hi All - Planning to winterize my ZX1 soon.. Trying to figure out where everything is so I can be ready when the time comes..

So far I've been able to find 4 of the 5 drain locations. I've been able to find all of the locations on this first image:
                - Transmission Drain/Anode Blue Plug
                - Transmission Cooler Drain Blue Plug
                - Heat Exchanger Drain Blue Plug
                - Pump Impeller Housing

[ATTACH]51687[/ATTACH]

I can't for the life of me find the "blue plug of separate fitting on exhaust manifold crossover hose"

[ATTACH]51688[/ATTACH]

Any other ZX1 or Raptor 440 owners out there struggling with this? Or am I looking for something that is not there.. I've seen some posts in other forums where people suggest that the exhaust manifolds on some of the newer raptors do not need to drain this as it drains on it's own through the other plug locations.. Definitely do not want to risk any issues here though.

Thanks!
                The photos you are looking at are for the 460 which is not your engine. Look at the 400/440 diagram. The 400 is the same motor hard part for hard part.
                Germaine Marine

Comment

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 8.09.53 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 8.09.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 8.09.31 PM.jpg

This last photo is a pic showing a 2 into 1 cross over hose from each manifold. Tige does not use this setup. Instead you will have a big bass drain plug at the rear of the motor on each manifold. Remember the motors are actually sat in the boat backwards with the front of the motor facing toward the rear.
                  Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by Germaine Marine View Post
                    [ATTACH]51693[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]51694[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]51695[/ATTACH]

This last photo is a pic showing a 2 into 1 cross over hose from each manifold. Tige does not use this setup. Instead you will have a big bass drain plug at the rear of the motor on each manifold. Remember the motors are actually sat in the boat backwards with the front of the motor facing toward the rear.
                    THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Any reason for Tige not to include the cross over manifold hose? Seems to be a much easier way to drain the manifolds.

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
                        Any reason for Tige not to include the cross over manifold hose? Seems to be a much easier way to drain the manifolds.
                        Some models will not clear the floor/liner so they use the two brass plugs.
                        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                          Some models will not clear the floor/liner so they use the two brass plugs.
                          I haven't seen any cross over hoses on any particular model that I can recall lately, but in 2015 I know the 400 Z3 did have the hose.

@KoolAid, is there any models now that have the cross over hose?
                          Last edited by jslayde1; 10-09-2019, 01:56 PM. Reason: added boat model

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
                            I haven't seen any cross over hoses on any particular model that I can recall lately, but in 2015 I know the 400 did have the hose.

@KoolAid, is there any models now that have the cross over hose?
                            R series for 2020, non 360 models.
                            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                              R series for 2020, non 360 models.
                              Got it!

Comment

Working...
                              X