Potential source of water leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential source of water leak?

Our 2000 21V sat for 2 years before we bought it. It has 48 hrs. of it now. Everything on this boat is factory original and hasn't been touched in 6 years. The original owner had it serviced once and it was never winterized. We've taken it out a couple of times and each time there has been water in the bilge. The first time I think it was the PSS shaft seal reseating - there were several gallons right after launching. The next 2 days it was dry at first, but after several hours - 1 or 2 gallons. I found the drain plug on the lower right side of the engine does not have an O-ring, the other 4 plugs do. It's down low behind the trans cooler hoses so if it was dripping it would be hard to see. I won't find out 'til next spring, but I'm guessing it probably was leaking a little. I suspect it has been missing the O-ring since it was built. Replacement blue drain plugs are available from Sierra 18-4226 ($2.59 @ Go2Marine) and the plastic elbow assembly w/plug is Sierra 18-4224 ($5.31 @ Go2Marine).
    Attached Files

If nothing is wrong w/the elbow, take the blue plug with the oring to NAPA etc. and get a new oring for a $.05.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
    X