X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help w/ Post Season Maint.

Have a few questions:

My boat is a 2004 Switch V, with the 5.7L 335 MP

First, I am trying to figure out how to drain the oil. So far, I know where the oil drain tube is, but I am a bit confused as how to use it...should I try to pump it out through the tube, or should I drain through the plug?

Second, I am trying to locate all of the plugs for draining the bloc. So far we have located the two manifold drains (left and right) and the bloc drain on the passenger side, near the bottom. We have been told there are two more, and are trying to figure out where those would be

Third, I can't find a good writeup on how to drain the ballast system completely.

If someone could help me, that would be prime.

The drain tube should reach through the bulge drain (dont drain into bilge) so the oil can run into a catch bucket. even w/ engine warm it is reeeeeeeeeeeeeal slow. I use a pump, works much faster. Still need engine warm though.

Water drains: 1 in each manifold, 1 in each side on engine, starboard is a pipe plug, port side could be the Knock sensor. You also have a trans cooler that can be drained by removing one hose. I also pulled the hoses of the manifolds and impeller housing and got a little more there.

Can't say on the ballast. I would think that once water is done spittin out the drain pass-thru, that would be good. I suppose you could suck a little marine/rv antifreeze into each bag/tank.
    Attached Files
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'm not a mechanic, and have no idea where the manifold (etc...) is, but would like to take our boat out tomorrow. I have the same boat, with the same motor. Is there a diagram that someone can point me towards on where all of the plugs are that I need to drain?

thanks

Comment

Not sure on your boat but on mine I had to pull the knock sensors to drain the block in addition to the petcocks (blue plastic things) on the bottom of the manifolds. I have a Marine Power 5.7 (340hp).

Comment

I talked to the local shop today. They said there are 2 drains on the block (one behind the knock senser), and 2 by the exhaust manifold, and one for the tranny. I am going to make sure I can find all of these first, if we decide to take the boat out tomorrow.

I also think the 335HP, and the 340HP motors are the same, but not 100% sure.

Comment

Here is what my 06 Marine Power 340hp looks like. Your will be different, but very similar. Hope this helps a little.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

thanks for those pics. I wish I would have checked this thread again yesterday or today I spent 30-40 minutes trying to find them today. what I found, was real close to what you posted, so I think those pics will help several people.

Comment

Working...
              X