Carver Boat Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carver Boat Covers

Hey guys, had a hard time searching for anything specific on this. I have a Westland now (Not sunbrella material, something much thinner) that has ripped and my canvas guy says it's shot. Cool.

Looking around, I could get a custom one made for a ton of money. Westland and Carver both have a Sunbrella one for my 22VE w/ E Tower, and the Carver you can get much more cost-effectively (I think). Both show the same build material and color choices (9.25oz Sunbrella).

Question: My westland fits like a glove. Does anyone have a carver for the stock tower? Does it fit similarly? Does it use a ratchet system like the Westland.

Thanks. Sorry for the repeat.. If anyone wants to help me figure out how to search for a specific query ("Carver Boat Cover" vs "Carver+Boat+Cover") let me know

-B

https://dealerguide.carvercovers.com...searching=both

For reference

Comment

I like to refer those interested in purchasing Tige Boat covers to https://commercialsewing.com/mooring-covers/ as they make an outstanding cover, support the West Coast Tige Reunion each year, and provide awesome customer service. They are not the cheapest cover around, but I believe you get what you pay for and I wouldnt hesitate to purchase a replacement cover from them if I needed one. I also know for a fact they carry the 22ve cover. Contact Kelly at slayk@commercialsewing.com if interested, and let him know Dave from the Tige Reunion sent ya!

Comment

I had to go custom to get a mooring cover with the tower down however had I gone with the tower up, the 2 companies that seemed to offer the best product for a decent price were evolution and commercial sewing.
        commercial was outstanding on the phone and appreciate that they didn't try to sell me something they were not 100% sure I would be happy with in the long run. that speaks volumes to their ethics as a company.

if your boat spends any time outside or you need a cover that will hold up, spend a few extra $$ for one of the above. you will not regret it.

*edit- I just clicked the carver link and it's $1250. I bet both commercial and evolution will beat that price for sunbrella.
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Good points all a round. I'll buzz them for a price. You can get the Carver and Westland sunbrella covers for 900-1100 bucks, but I found a place thats selling the carver for like 650 (They are an authorized ditributor of the cover, but still almost "too good to be true").

It's more concerning to me that noone on here seems to use them

Comment

keep in mind that all any of the above companies need is a template on file and they can "sell" the cover. carver may have picked up the files for tige boats along the way and can advertise that they have them but may have only made a couple over time.

depending on your needs, I ended up with a custom 1-off cover for my z3 from a local shop. tower down it covers the entire boat with 2 zippers at the swim platform to snug it up and extends on the sides down to the trailer frame to keep the entire boat out of the hot vegas sun. cost me $1600. sunbrella grey with 2 poles and canvas padding sewn where it touches the windshield and tower. only saying this to check locally if you want something different. took me 3 calls to find this guy so there was some legwork. no ratchet but it fits super snug. def. not a towing cover tho.
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Yah. My need are simple - Under cover, no towing. In a lift so trailer straps are a no-go, needs a ratchet of some kind.

I really appreciate the insight on the above. I'll keep an eye on this thread if someone sees it that has a Carver and can speak to it, otherwise I'll fail back to Custom Sewing from a dealership (I'll check 2 or 3 for pricing, they wont sell to me direct according to Kelly), or the tried and true westland which I already have experience with. I'm just anamored to save 300 bucks and spend it on asurf board instead

-B

Comment

Originally posted by BrentP View Post
                ...they wont sell to me direct according to Kelly
                Good to know. Sorry if that caused you any inconvenience. I will be sure to send others to dealers in the future.

Comment

No worries my man, not your fault. Also, all the dealers want a HID to even get a quote going. So have that ready if you call

Comment

So, just an update for you folks that follow online message boards talking about boat covers...

I went ahead and went with Westland. Best I can tell, it's the cover dealers used when the boat was new, and the Westland "Custom fit" for the 22VE was absolutely perfect. Solid Black Sunbrella, with ratchets and trailer straps (Which i dont need the trailer straps, if someone wants them let me know) for 826 bucks delivered. It is reenforced at all the metal touch points (Bow, Windshield, Ski-Tow mount, etc).

You can ONLY get the Custom Sewing covers from a dealer, and they were being quoted to me at $1545. Basically 2x the price.

Anyhow, Not a bad route for those of you with OG Tige Surf Boats.

20190216_164444.jpg20190216_164455.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X