Fur gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fur gauge

How accurate are the electronic fuel gauges in the boats? I have a 2018 r21 and sitting still in the water it bounces almost 20% constantly so I’m never really sure how much fuel I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a 2018 should be pretty accurate. It shows 20% even when fuel? You may have a faulty fuel sending unit.

Comment

Those fur gauges are problematic at best

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
        Those fur gauges are problematic at best
        Not mine. It's worked great for years. I just run it flat up her leg and if it gets pricked then I know there's too much fur.

Comment

I guess first we need to know what units the fur gauge uses. Metric fur?? Standard fur?? Percentage of fur?? Does it measure C hairs??

In all seriousness though, typically they read less while surfing as the sender is forward in the tank and bow rise moves fuel to the back of the tank. Idle and flat in the water will give you your most accurate FUEL gauge reading

Comment

Stupid I phone auto correct!

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              I guess first we need to know what units the fur gauge uses. Metric fur?? Standard fur?? Percentage of fur?? Does it measure C hairs??

In all seriousness though, typically they read less while surfing as the sender is forward in the tank and bow rise moves fuel to the back of the tank. Idle and flat in the water will give you your most accurate FUEL gauge reading
              My sender must be in the rear of the tank though, as it shows full while surfing and lower when sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                My sender must be in the rear of the tank though, as it shows full while surfing and lower when sitting.
                same here with fuel gauge on my '18. At the pump even when it says 100% i can put in several more gallons (4-5+) until it's truly full (vent spits). The lower end seems to be conservative as well, i.e. it shows 12% but when I fill up i can only put in ~30 gallons. Now i don't math real well but pretty sure 18 gallons is more than 12% of 48. also annoying that the intervals it decrements seem to be always larger than 10% at a time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

The question is can that extra 10% that is really a lot more than 10% be used or is it just there? I always wonder the same thing I never put 90% of my 250L any time I’ve filled it up.

Comment

Usually the fuel pump assembly sits right on the floor of a fuel tank. I would be very surprised if it wasn't that way in our boats. I think you should get full use of your tank.

Comment

Working...
                    X