2007 20V oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 20V oil change

I read a post about oil change that said something about a hose on the side of the oil pan to drain oil - can't find that post now. Is there something other than the drain plug in the bottom of the pan to drain oil? If not, looking for someone to provide their easy-peazy technique for changing oil. Thanks!

Originally posted by jpar View Post
    I read a post about oil change that said something about a hose on the side of the oil pan to drain oil - can't find that post now. Is there something other than the drain plug in the bottom of the pan to drain oil? If not, looking for someone to provide their easy-peazy technique for changing oil. Thanks!
    Do you have a drain plug or an oil drain hose on your boats oil pan?
    Last edited by lee; 06-27-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

On my initial look all I saw was a drain plug, but I did not know to look for a hose. I'm hoping I will find the hose when I get home tonight, but if not it looks like I am faced with a plug with mininal clearance between it and the boat. Buy a pump and hope for the best? Or is there another alternative?

Comment

If you have a drain plug you will not have a hose. What engine do you have and what color is it?

Comment

Marine power, 5.7 liter, 340 HP, kind of a black/gray color.

Comment

That engine should have a drain hose. Look for the black hose with brass cap on the port side of the engine. It may be zip tied to something or fastened up to keep it out of the bottom of the bilge.

Comment

If you have a drain plug, you will not have a drain hose.

Comment

Found the hose - may be something someone added later. It comes off the bottom of the pan where the drain plug would be. Runs straight forward toward the bow, so I did not notice it when I was standing on my head trying to see under the engine. not long enough to curl around and make it out the drain hole in the bilge.

Comment

Just outta curiosity, why aren't you sucking the oil out through the dipstick area? Is that not feasible for this year?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

That may be what I do. I did not have good results on that with my last boat - but had a kind of cheap pump. I was trying to avoid that route but it may be my best option. Going to play with it this weekend and see.

Comment

It is better to suck it from the hose as it is mounted to the lowest part of the oil pan.

Comment

good point, lee - thanks. can use a bigger hose that way also.

Comment

Working...
                        X