Important step in impeller replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important step in impeller replacement

I want to think y’all for the great article on impeller replacement. Here is my story. 2000 2100 v has been giving an audible alarm for high temperature. Decided to replace impeller since I haven’t since I bought it last July. Previous owner stated he had replaced it. I did the impeller replacement per the awesome how-to write up. When I removed the old impeller, it looked new with no damage. I went ahead and replaced it anyway. Hooked it all back up, and a voice started screaming in my head to check the cooler immediately down stream of the impeller. When I stuck my finger in it, it was completely blocked! I pulled out dang near half of an impeller in a handful of chunks. Obviously, the previous owner replaced the impeller after one disintegrated and did not clean out the pieces. Wow.... as stated in the write up, always check downstream for any pieces. Thank y’all for the awesome support group and I think I solved the overheating problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture of removed impeller and the pieces I dug out of the cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

go to know thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Glad you figured it out. That should definitely fix your issue...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

civilgee, thanks for the info! I have the same boat/year/motor, and am planning that same replacement soon.

Do you have a link to the impeller replacement write up you referenced?

Also, any guidance on the impeller part number? Is it: MER47-862232A2 ??

Thank you!

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/impeller.shtml
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

It depends on if its the plastic housing or if its the all metal housing. One has a single flat on the shaft(plastic) for the impeller and the other is a double flat(metal) on the shaft.

The impeller # for the double flat is 47-8M0104223 (Quicksilver PN).

Single flat is 47-59362T 1 (Quicksilver PN)

If yours is the plastic housing and youve never done it before, it MAY be worth just buying the whole kit as the plastic housing can get pitted/scored and need replacing. The kit PN is 46-807151A14 (Quicksilver PN). Comes with the housing, wear plate, o rings, new hardware, and of course, the impeller. Soap the impeller with Dawn during install so it doesnt start up dry.

Comment

You guys are fantastic!

Thank you KoolAid, and freeheel4life.

Comment

Working...
                X