Thermostat or water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat or water pump

While riding for a long while, I got an audible alarm. I looked at my gauges and the temp was 180 degrees plus. I let it idle and the gauge temp started coming down pretty quick. Alarm stopped. Ran it again and the temp was holding fine and then it climbed to 180 and alarm sounded again. What do you think? 2000 2100v with 350 mercruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When is the last time you changed the impeller? That probably isn't the problem, but want to get it out of the way
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I have not changed the impeller before. Bought the boat last July, and the previous owner stated he had it serviced. So, I will go ahead and change it to be safe, but what are you thinking it might be?

Comment

Having the same problem on my 12 RZ2. I'm guessing it is a sticking thermostat. I'm doing my impeller too as the boat is still on the original and just a ticking time bomb at this point.

Comment

Let me know if the thermostat corrects the issue. I’m ordering parts this week and replacing everything one night this week. Any other input for anybody else?

Comment

Massive blockage downstream is the culprit. The P/O did not clean out debris when he shredded the impeller.

Comment

Houston... I think we have a problem. Are those pieces you sucked up or was that part of the impeller? Looks like your impeller is still in one piece. Definitely replace it every year though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
                Having the same problem on my 12 RZ2. I'm guessing it is a sticking thermostat. I'm doing my impeller too as the boat is still on the original and just a ticking time bomb at this point.
                The original impeller is in there? Running on Hopes and dreams I bet!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you found the problem. That means it overheated at least once.
                  Thanks for the update
                  Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                  X