X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, HELP!!!
    Removed Cooling Lines and 9/16" nut.
    image.jpg
    I have also been leaking fuel, very, very, very little but a leak non the less. This is the piece that you all told me was supposed to move right??!!! Cause I call it is NOT moving.LOL. Do I just need umph.... ATTACH]42623[/ATTACH] sorry upside down. I was laying in locker.
    Attached Files
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Just re-read one of the previous post, looks like I need to remove that bottom plate? Then twist the canister?
      Last edited by Thegerman618; 04-12-2016, 09:29 PM.
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

PCM is slightly different check out this thread (mine was a PCM but i used this thread for guidance when I couldn't remove it which is the marine power one):
        http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...305#post611305

In post 14, I put mine in a vice and used a pipe wrench to open. On mine, it wouldn't budge with channel lock. If you have a pipe wrench much easier.
        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

You didn't need to take the hoses off. The plate comes off the canister with the Bolt though it will probably need a bit of force to release.

You then need to unscrew the canister. Mine was extremely tight. Use a filter wrench and it will shift. But try and hold the upper section so you don't do any damage.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay I got the bottom plate off and my heart stopped....CHUCKS of stuff are falling out, Sand, Rocks, Rubber.image.jpg.

I cleaned it all up and flushed the lines, anyone know where to get a replacement seal for this?image.jpg

Next is the canister removal. Somehow

Comment

To remove the canister, get a strap wrench and apply force to unscrew and just hold the pressure for as long as you can. That works better for me than trying to jerk on the canister.

Comment

I got some anti seize on it now, I am going to get a Big A$$ pipe wrench tomorrow, the one I have the jaws aren't big enough. I worked on the seal a bit and cleaned it up pretty good, no cracks, or missing pieces, just some heavy calcium built up I got off with a dental tool. So I think I am going to shove it back in there. Can someone verify if that seal is in fact supposed to come off. I am feeling like there might have been 2 spots where maybe it was epoxied on at one time.

Comment

VICTORY!!image.jpg

Comment

Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

I don't think I ever removed the rubber seal from the plate. It certainly stayed attached for me.

I would put it back together and see if it leaks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Put some anti seize on the threads before you put back together.

Comment

Just got some anti seize for threads, going back together and re-epoxied the seal back on the bottom plate. Going to fire it up tomorrow with a little luck no leaks.

Comment

Fired it up, no leaks runs like a champ...thanks for all the help gents

Comment

Working...
                            X