Black mark removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black mark removal

So it is that time of year when the boat gets a good detail before putting it in the water. I am asking for suggestions on how to remove the black streaks I have on the sides. They came from my old lifts guide rails. These rails are a poly type plastic and the rubbing against them has left marks. The old lift was to narrow and rubbed each time. The new lift I installed is wider and never rubs. The marks are poly in nature. Not sure if buffing will remove them or just smear them around worst. Any ideas?
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Kent Acrysol. Check local body shop supply places.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Crest Acry-solv also is what I use. Comes in a green metal can and only takes a little bit on a rag with some elbow greese. I get from my local chevy dealer but here's a link

http://www.crestmidwest.com/default....SAQ&catlist=33

Comment

Lacquer Thinner will take those streaks off in no time with little effort. Pour some on a rag and rub the streak. Rinse and wax.

Comment

Thanks. I will have to try those products.

I have a lot of work ahead of me. Complete boat detail. Wash, wash with vinegar to remove water haze, remove black streaks, buff, polish, wax, clean the interior, lots of work and detail too do. Then I can enjoy for the season.
          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Working...
          X