Quick raptor winterization question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick raptor winterization question

Quick question for all you do it yourselfers out there. Just draining the water out of my boat for the trip to SoCal and I can't seem to find the hose the manual mentions to drain the exhaust manifolds and elbows. I got the rest done real quick, so no worries there, but hoping someone has a picture or trick to steering me in the right direction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I think I answered my own question. I found a brass plug in the bottom of both exhaust manifolds so I pulled them and a bunch of water came out. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Comment

I helped a buddy out yesterday and we ran into the same issue. We could not find that hose to drain! We did find one in the very back though at the bottom. It was a small round metal protrusion with a blue plastic "T" handle plug. We drained that one also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where did that one start and end at? I would suggest pulling the plugs on the bottom of the manifolds as there was a significant amount of water in there.

Comment

My dealer said some have the quick drain off the manifolds and some do not. Mine did not. I pulled the two brass plugs.

I did have the blue plastic plug below the water pump/impeller to drain it.

Fingers crossed. It almost seemed to easy to be real. This is the first one I have ever winterized myself.

Comment

At the back of the motor is where the blue plastic plug is, that's for the heat ex changer, you will want to pull that plug. You want to also want to remove the manifold plugs, there is 2 of them, which sounds like you did. For 2016 they added hoses from each one of the manifolds that ran towards the vdrive and ended in a wye with the same plug as the heat ex changer has. This has made things a lot easier to drop water from the engine. There is also a big plug you should pull on the front of the vdrive as well. If you pull up the floor and look towards the front bottom of the vdrive you will see the plug. Sometimes there will need a big square key to remove or a big hex key. Some boats will have one some will have the other. If it's not an hex key and is the square key I have had luck using a ratchet with a 1/2 drive to tighten and loosen that bolt when I am dropping water from boats. I forget which size hex it is but its similar in size to what you would use to tighten an axle bolt on a car if you need to buy one from an auto parts store to use as a reference. Hopefully this has been helpful.

Comment

Working...
            X