No announcement yet.

Fake a lake and a five gallon bucket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more question. How do you get this hose off? I've tried pulling, spinning, pulling and spinning. Just not enough up and down room to get her off. Or should I try the starboard side instead. image.jpg
    Sometimes you have to do what feels good, rather than what feels right.

Comment

Probably on an actual hose barb. I've found that I damage hoses too much when forcing them off a true barb. Now I just slit them back the length of the barb, peel them off the barb, and cut the hose square so I'm installing brand new hose on the barb every time. Likely not enough hose length in this situation to permit you to do that, sorry.

Obviously, I make an effort to NOT remove hoses from barbs all that often. There's almost always another way to accomplish whatever job I'm tackling. And lesser hose fittings, such as those smooth ones with the single half-round bump as found on transmission intercoolers, don't require slitting. But the barbs are aggressive and damage the hose when I remove it. I've had too many leaks trying to reuse the old hose end, so now I just cut down to fresh hose.

Comment

After trying a whole lot I just went with the fake a lake anyway. I figured to sense making a new problem. It worked out good enough. Really leaky and took forever to warm up to 140 but oil came out faster than what I was expecting based on what I've read. Had to leave after that so tomorrow I will pull plugs and run antifreeze. With as long as it took to warm up the engine I'm fairly confident the stabil made it from the pump to the injectors.
        Sometimes you have to do what feels good, rather than what feels right.

Comment

Working...
        X