Winterizing heater 2015 Z3, Raptor 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterizing heater 2015 Z3, Raptor 400

First time winterizing my new boat. Overall it has been pretty standard straight forward fare. I have followed the Tige owners manual as well as the manual for the Indmar engine and the transmission to make sure all the tasks are done. However, when I went to disconnect the heater hoses at eh pump to blow them out, they were filled with pink anti-freeze. Although the Tige manual states the heater must be winterized, it appears that with the Raptor 400, it is supplied with closed system anti-freeze and not lake water which should negate any need to "winterize" the heater. Can anyone confirm this?

yes, the raptor is partial closed-cooling, so the heater core contains engine antifreeze.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

yes the heater is part of the closed cooling with engine antifreeze and doesn't need winterized. There are the 3 spots to drain the water from fresh water is all. I like to heat engine up and change oil before winterizing then drain water. I then remove the fresh water intake hose on the front of trans and suck a gallon or so of antifreeze into system. Pretty simple process on the raptors.

Comment

Thanks. JLG, do you leave the waterpump cover in place and impeller inside or remove it like the manual says?

Comment

Last season I removed the pump cover but its a pita to reach! Only a few drops came out of it, so I decided to leave this year and ran plenty of coolant through the system. I will remove and change impellor before next season. Seems like it was easier for me to go over the top of the engine to reach it also. My boat sits in my attached garage that never gets much below 45deg but I still winterize in case I lose power!

Comment

Does anyone know if the heater on a 2015 Z1 is plumbed the same as the Z3, ie coolant through the heater, not fresh water? I'm used to winterizing a Mercruiser I/O. This is my first year with my Z1 and I'd hate to screw this awesome boat up because I missed something.

Comment

The engine will dictate the heater connecting, not the boat model. What engine does your Z1 have?
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I've got the Raptor 400 so sounds like mine is closed cooling as well. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                X