Plastic gas spout broke off in tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic gas spout broke off in tank

As I was putting gas in my boat, the plastic spout broke off The five gallon tank and went down into the boat '09 Z1). I looked in with a flashlight but didn't see it. Is this going to haunt me? Any easy fixes? Can I use it for the next few days without worrying? Thoughts??

I'd pull the hose off the tank and see if it's reachable....that should be easy to do to see if you get lucky.
    2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

It's a hollow tube, right? I think the gas will pass right through it, so shouldn't interfere or cause a problem.

To eventually get it out, you may have to remove the fill hose, say, at the tank fitting. Shouldn't be too hard. Just watch out with the gas fumes!

Comment

I just pulled off the hose at the tank and it is not in the hose. Unfortunately it seems like it is inside the tank itself. Do you think it's fine to continue using it the next few days to use up the gas?

Comment

Certainly not going to cause an issue with blockages. Use up the fuel and fish it out through the sender hole.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm assuming the only hole In the tank is where the filler hose attaches, correct?

Comment

Filler hole and fuel sender hole.

Comment

On my 24ve, I have four holes on the tank: where the filler hose attaches, where the sender attaches, the vent tube, and the line to the engine. The fuel line and vent connection holes are pretty small. It might be located right where the fill hose connects to the tank.

Comment

I was just giving one big enough to work with.

Comment

That's what I need. I'll try fishing it out again after I use up the gas today.

Comment

Well, we surfed all day yesterday and ran the gas down. I went back out on the water, filled the port side ballast, put TAPS at 8, and accelerated off and on to try to move it to the back corner of the tank. My wife had gone to Home Depot and picked up a grabbing tool. Well, I was finally able to spot it and, after a few more accelerations, was able to grab it. What a relief!

Comment

Working...
                      X