Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLEANING WHITE VINYL SEATS/ HOW TO REMOVE WHITE FILM

What is the best cleaner for white vinyl seats

Also, father in law used a white protectant/condititioner which left a white film on all the darker vinyl and dash. Ive tried everything including using an APC with a toothbrush.

I use Malco and it works great. Dollartree ( i think it is) also carries Totally Awesome which is essentially the same thing for a lot less. The Malco works great on my white vinyl for cleaning. I then use 303 Aerospace Protectant after.

Comment

I really like boat bling Vinyl Sauce. Works great!

Comment

I have the Vinyl sauce and it works well but have found the 3M vinyl cleaner and conditioner to work better.

Comment

I had great success, with my white interior, using Performance Boat Candy.
          http://www.performanceboatcandy.com/...nyl-Clean.html.
          Follow it up with a vinyl protector of theirs or a different one of your choice, should be good to go.
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I use vinyl sauce and vinyl conditioner for most spots and spills but I use Totally Awesome for the stubborn stuff. And never use a Magic Eraser.
            2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
            2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

X2 on Malco. Concentrate with a soft brush and it will clean anything. Dilute 10:1 for daily use and follow with a conditioner. I ordered mine from a distributor in St. Louis area. It was cheaper than Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
                I use vinyl sauce and vinyl conditioner for most spots and spills but I use Totally Awesome for the stubborn stuff. And never use a Magic Eraser.
                Never use Magic Eraser? Educate me please

Comment

Magic Erasers are very abrasive and will ultimately wreck your vinyl.

Comment

Whatever the cleaner (I use vinyl sauce), I need to use a soft scrub brush and have a bucket of warm water/ rag ready to wipe up the mess. The dirt that pours out will amaze you. Just do one cushion/section at a time. I have an all white interior and even when it doesn't look that bad more dirt comes out. I like the condition sauce it leaves a nice sheen to the interior not greasy. Like the above post suggests.....using magic eraser is like taking a sandpaper block to your seats. I have two small areas where the previous owner tried it!! They are white all right!!

Comment

I use this stuff called 303, Blackwidow told me about it supposed to be like sunscreen for your seats.
                      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

^^ 303 is a protectant but not a cleaner. Still need a cleaner to get the dirt out.

Comment

Funny thing is, I used to always use a magic eraser on my old tige and never had a problem. It was the simple green that ate through the stitching, allowing them to pull through. On my axis though, I'll only use the magic eraser sparingly, on small stains that won't come out with a cleaner.

Never use simple green!!!!! Only use magic eraser if you have to, and always use a protectant. Mild soap and water and a course rag works as a good cleaner for me.

Comment

Magic eraser is actually removing the vinyl as it removes any stains...

I wouldn't recommend it... although I did have to use it on a stain on my Tiara's white seat.

Comment

We agree that you should start with warm soap and water and I have used a terry cloth towel. That is what the marine vinyl manufacturers recommend - at least as a first approach. And, avoid anything with an abrasive surface. Leave as much material there for the long haul.

We offer a vinyl cleaner and conditioner or at least recommend that you use a product that is designed for marine grade vinyl and always follow-up with a conditioner. Critical step that is overlooked far to often.
                              What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Working...
                              X