Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WaterPump Bearing Replacement

Hey All,

Fired the boat up for the first time about a month ago, everything seemed fine with the exception of a squeaky water pump pully. Took it apart, light coat of white lithium grease and checked all the common areas for broken, missing, worn out pieces all looked good. Spun a few times (without the impeller) and turns really well no grinding or squeaking. I put everything back together hook the belt back on assuming it was good and sure enough right back to squeaking. Is it possible to just replace the bearing inside the housing, or do I have to purchase a whole new unit? Please help, don't want to spend $350 on a new unit the $8 bearing is more in my price range.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Nevermind I found the rebuild kit. 60 bucks.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Do you have a link to that rebuild kit? I replaced my impeller last night and noticed the exact same problem and was looking for a fix.

Comment

I think Thegerman618 ended up rebuilding it and the damn thing still squeaked!

Comment

The bearing isn't the squeaky part, it's actually the belt squeaking on the pulley. Gasgacinch or similar will alleviate.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Just looked that product up - what would I do with that to fix the squeak?

Comment

DON'T DO THE REBUILD!!!!!! Just buy a whole new one, the rebuild is PITA for one and if you don't have access to a hydraulic press pressing the shaft out and pressing the new bearings in and having it be perfectly straight is mind numbingly frustrating. I got the rebuild completed and it still squeaked worse, plus I tried at least a dozen times to press the pulley back on straight and was never able to the get the pulley perfectly straight as it was before. $350 on E-bay brand new the whole thing, pulley, housing, impeller and impeller housing.

MDK681 make sure that the bearing in yours are in fact bad, mine had a grinding feeling to it and had a sound like a rock in a can. I opened it up and the rear bearing exploded. If you are going to attempt this the rebuild kit is pretty good, they do send what my guess is an off brand Timken Sealed bearing, and all required pieces.

Comment

BoatWakes you stumped me with Gasgacinch?? I fired it up to google, a belt dressing? Do I just apply it to the belt to quiet it down?

Comment

Didn't you use the tools at the Auto Hobby Shop for the rebuild?
                  2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                  2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

no I used my own tools, I worked as a machinist/engineer for a few years before I joined so I have real tools. Was just a head ache and couldn't ever seem to get it right almost like my bearing housing/shaft was warped. I don't know I am pretty good with tools and repair but everything just seemed off during the rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                    X