Help with Marine Power G Force Fuel Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Marine Power G Force Fuel Filter

Trying to replace the fuel filter and when taking off the canister, the spring, washer/tab, and o-ring all came too. Can someone please tell me how it goes back together. I know the small thick o-ring is at the bottom, but im not sure how and where the metal washer with fingers goes.
    Thanks
    IMG_2112.jpgIMG_2114.jpg

Ok this now has me worried. I changed my fuel filter yesterday on my MP340 and i didnt see any of these things in there. I'm not much help here, but am i missing something or is mine a different design?

Comment

I would guess black plastic on bottom, silver retainer so the middle sits inside the black spacer and then the spring on top of that holding the filter up. O-ring may be for locating the silver retainer inside the spacer, wrapped around the crown of the retainer.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Comment

Thanks, I think i got it figured out. The filter in the picture above is upside down...the nipple on the filter sits inside the bottom of the canister.

Comment

Ok, now i'm even more worried. When i pulled my old filter out it looked exactly like Badfishs second picture. None of those 4 other pieces were anywhere to be found. I just assumed that was proper and put the new filter in and closed it up. I was sure nobody had ever changed it before but now i'm thinking someone, at some point in time, changed it and lost those parts.

Comment

Thought I'd update this. I talked to George at Marine Power about the pump and filter (I've been talking to him and Eddie lately since they have my ECM right now), and he said those 4 parts are not needed and are removed when it's all assembled. He said if those aren't there, I'm all good. Seemed odd to me, but I sent him pics and he verified it for me.

Comment

That does seem odd you dont need the parts anymore...but thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                X