Vinyl needed, "help!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinyl needed, "help!"

I need to have the engine cover skin redone dude to a cut (damage) to the vinyl. The upholstery shop said that they could recreate rebuild a new cover for it, but would be easiest to recreate with all new vinyl and not reusing any of the current pieces. They will disassemble the current cover and use the old shapes as patterns to cut new pieces. I have 3 colors on the cover; white, tan and the bronze textured diamond. The bronze vinyl is my issue, I need to see if there is anyway to get any of this material. So, asking for help if anyone knows of a source that may have this style. I'm just trying to keep the patterns original and hope there is a slight chance to get my hands on some remnants of this style vinyl. The upholstery shop has checked their sources and no one has anything like this.

Below are pictures of the vinyl style and engine cover. It is the bronze color I'm in need ofNew22Ve (12).jpgNew22Ve (19).jpg.

Any ideas? Thanks.
    I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

I would have to agree in terms of patterning and creating new pieces for the back deck. given they they cant re-use them because it will require making them smaller to hide the existing needle holes. I would color match the back panels as they are going to. but I would doubt your going to find that bronze material. best chance is look at morbern samples. from all the samples I carry that would be the one closet to having what your after and seem to have the widest variety of texture. the new spradling pro stock stuff has some diamond texture wise as well. you might want to have them look at those as well.

kinda sucks .. your vinyl is in really good shape.

http://morbern.com/product/590
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

That one you showed looks very very close, is there anyway to purchase a small sample for better comparison? If I could find a vinyl in a similar or like color without the texture I would be okay with that too. It does suck, we ended up with a mysterious cigarette burn in the center white section, that no one knew anything about or fessed up too. It happened during off season while stored in the carport. I had it repaired and it turned out fair, not great, but worked okay for a year or so, now the repair is looking really bad and I can't stand it anymore. Thanks for the compliment on the vinyl condition, the pics I posted are from the 1st day when we took delivery of the boat. After near 8 years, its still in good shape, but not quite that good.
      I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

Comment

Working...
      X