hard water spots on tower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard water spots on tower?

After a couple of years of owning my boat, my aluminum Aerial tower has a lot of hard water stains. I'd like to remove them, but I'm not sure what to use. Would aluminum polish work, or do I need something more aggressive? And how do you prevent them from reoccurring? By the time we reach the dock the tower is always dry....do I need to re-wet it and wash it every time I take it out or something?

Thanks,
    Mike

When I had my 07 21i we had that problem as well and I used mothers alum polish on it twice a year and used babes boat wax after we pulled it out each time and it looked new every time.
    surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by Anim8or View Post
      After a couple of years of owning my boat, my aluminum Aerial tower has a lot of hard water stains. I'd like to remove them, but I'm not sure what to use. Would aluminum polish work, or do I need something more aggressive? And how do you prevent them from reoccurring? By the time we reach the dock the tower is always dry....do I need to re-wet it and wash it every time I take it out or something?

Thanks,
      Mike
      vinegar water 50/50 mix
      2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

I used Flitz on my old tower it work great to remove heavy oxidation and spots. After I had it polished up I use Hot Sauce by boat bling. works great for the hull and tower.

Comment

try some vinegar diluted with water 50/50. should remove them just fine.
          2011 Tigé RZ4
          www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Working...
          X