One more winterizing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more winterizing question

So sadly it appears my season is over - while there might be a few days of available weather - other commitments will keep us away from the lake.

It seems that some of the winterizing procedures - while mostly straightforward, there are two that, well, just seem to border on a political discussion.

1. When you have ethanol fuel - do you fill the tank, or leave it where it is - draining is not really a feasible option
    2. Also when you have ethanol fuel - do you disconnect the fuel line from the fuel/water separator/filter and run the engine dry - or just put in Marine Stabil at the storage concentration - let it run for a bit - and call it good?

and this is on a Mercruiser 350 Mag Tournament Ski - Carb engine

On the positive side - our last evening out had this kind of ski waterUtah Lake 10082014.jpg
    Last edited by uttige2002; 10-10-2014, 06:09 PM.

I'd go with the green marine stabil and make sure you run it to get it thru the fuel system after adding it to the tank.

Comment

Leave the fuel level as is, add the correct, or a little more wont hurt, of additive and run the engine for a bit.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You should add the stabilizer when the fuel is fresh. I add stabilizer in every fill up. For your end of year I would burn off as much as possible, add 10 gal of fresh gas, add as much storage stabilizer as you have total fuel in the tank and run that treated fuel through the engine. I try to leave as little fuel in the tank as possible in winter. I like to fill up a fresh tank in the spring. I treat that fresh fuel with marine Stabil and the engine runs great all season.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
        X