Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screw size for swim platfrom bracket (2009) ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw size for swim platfrom bracket (2009) ??

Does anyone know the (machine) screw size for the underside of the brackets for the swim platform? These are the notoriously missing stability screws that seem to fall out.

I took my boat to Home Depot and they let me take a few screws out to the boat to try them out. I put them on my platform with locktite and they have been solid for 6 trips to the lake since I put them in at the beginning of the summer.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Thanks! Good suggestion.

Comment

Take another one out under the VX and take it in as most box stores and hardware stores have a nut and bolt thread checker. I also thread locked all of mine on my previous 2 boats and never had an issue after that.

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
          Take another one out under the VX and take it in as most box stores and hardware stores have a nut and bolt thread checker. I also thread locked all of mine on my previous 2 boats and never had an issue after that.
          With a 2009, I sadly have no VX. I had two screws and both are gone.

Comment

Sorry didn't mean to say VX, It took me forever to quit calling the fiberglass platform a teak after my first boat and now I keep calling the Convex VX a fiberglass platform! I see your dilemma now with not having any bolts to go from. If I had my 07 I'd pull one and check as I'm sure most those years run the same size. I would say that taking it by a parts store would be your best bet or a Fastenal as they will have a thread gauge. Thread lock them in when doing it!

Comment

Prior thread with great info.

5/16" course thread suggested by Ewok for 2009 bracket.

5/16 -18 x 3/4" Stainless Steel bolts suggested by RT (but he had new unthreaded brackets).

Comment

Working...
              X