Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normal maintenance schedule for 2003 22V

Hey guys,

New to the site and Tiges. We fianlly sold our old 18' Bayliner bowrider and I'm planning to pick up a (new to us) 03 22V tomorrow! I'm excited to finally get into a wakesurf/boarding boat! The closest dealer to my home is 4+ hrs away so I plan to do everything I can maintenace wise myself. I've been reading some good write ups on this site about maintenance and repair, but I couldn't find a maintenance schedule though. What is the timeframe in which regular maintenance should be performed on the fluids, impellor, ect. And what are the items to perform for mild winterizing a boat in south Georgia that will be kept in covered storage? The motor is an 06 Merc Black scorpion.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has already been asked

Amharper2k

per my pcm manual I change my oil every 50 hrs. I am anal and chris barnes will make fun of me but I put in a new impeller in every spring. why chance it for 35-40 bucks. for your climate, fuel stabilizer, fogging the heads, adding some rv antirfreeze for good measure, draining all the lines and motor should set u up really nice for the winter.

Welcome to the Site and to Owning a Tige Boat!
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Originally posted by amharper2k View Post
      Hey guys,

New to the site and Tiges. We fianlly sold our old 18' Bayliner bowrider and I'm planning to pick up a (new to us) 03 22V tomorrow! I'm excited to finally get into a wakesurf/boarding boat! The closest dealer to my home is 4+ hrs away so I plan to do everything I can maintenace wise myself. I've been reading some good write ups on this site about maintenance and repair, but I couldn't find a maintenance schedule though. What is the timeframe in which regular maintenance should be performed on the fluids, impellor, ect. And what are the items to perform for mild winterizing a boat in south Georgia that will be kept in covered storage? The motor is an 06 Merc Black scorpion.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has already been asked

Amharper2k
      I'm sure others will chime in, but off the top of my head I can think of a few things that are fairly easy to do yourself.

I agree with WakerideN and would do the impeller every spring. Oil/filter change every 50-75 hours from what I have read - not sure about fuel filter? Check condition of your serpentine belt and have one on board as a spare just in case. Check transmission fluid level (when boat is up to temp and level in the water) and cleanliness a couple times a season - fluids are cheap, I would try and flush the transmission every fall. Check the v-drive oil level and condition of oil a couple times a season. Not sure about the life of plugs and wires, but it might be a good idea to check the condition of those seeing as you are picking up a used boat.

Check out this thread in regards to winterization...
      http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...-Power-engine)

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys! Im taking notes of everything.

Anyone know how often to replace the fuel filter, plugs, & wires?
        Also, how often do you guys change the trans fluid and V Drive oil?

Comment

I use raw water cooling and I'm in saltwater so would recommend changing the exhaust manifold and riser every 2 years so you don't get saltwater into your cylinders and ruining your engine. Since I'm in salt water, I would change both batteries every 2 years otherwise your boat wont start.

Comment

You might also want to top up the ATF in your TAPS every year so your TAPS works well

Comment

Working...
            X