Maintenance and servicing needs ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintenance and servicing needs ???

Do you use someone other than the Tige' dealer to provide service or mechanical needs on your boat ?

Just curious.

some of the guys on this forum do 99% to 100% of the service and repair on their boats. some very good intelligent hands on this site. I know local to me alot of the inboards in my market go to marine-products to be serviced once they are out of mfg warranty. I personally prefer to get my hands dirty and take care of mine. my home lake is 8 min from my door step, and the dealer is 50 miles the opposite direction.
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

I do much myself but I have a mobile guy that is really good once I get into something that I can't figure out. As a mobile guy he is much cheaper than the dealer and he is super knowledgeable.

Comment

All fluid changes and impeller I do myself. Any minor 12v issues I will deal with myself as well. If I ever run in to more mechanical issues I would go to the local dealer but I have also been fortunate over the years that I haven't had any major mechanical issue.

Comment

Like many, I handle the simple stuff, but am nowhere near mechanically-inclined enough to troubleshoot the bigger problems/issues.

I have taken the boat to my (now former) local Tige dealer for work (note: I bought used from an individual so I didn't have a relationship per se with the dealer). The combo of the so-so work/advice and the fact hat they are no longer a Tige dealer (after taking on Axis) led me to a non-dealer shop. I have been thrilled with their work, service, and pricing. They have a dedicated inboard mechanic that is very knowledgable; because of this I don't hesitate to take it to him for anything.

Comment

I took my boat to Texas Tige in Conroe today. I shredded the belt the other day. I hope there isn't any significant damage.

Comment

I bought mine out of warrenty. I'll do as much as I can myself. Tige dealers are all 2-3 hours from me so I'll use Barry's West Side in Wichita KS. He took care of me when I had my old Chaparral.

Comment

Working...
              X