05 22v engine hatch issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 22v engine hatch issues

I just replaced my shocks with new ones thinking they were shot. One definitely was. But the new ones don't hold up the hatch either. Replaced with the same model. Do you have to do some sort of pre-install movement or something? Seems like they are not making a sound like my other hatches either.

Also my screws hold the hinges on the transom side are worn out. Has anyone had this issue and how did you fix it? I don't think larger screws are the answer. Maybe a wooden backer (1x3) piece to screw into on the worn out holes or glass them over.

Are you positive you got the same weight supports, just not the same expanded/collapsed length? I wonder if the foam is waterlogged, increasing the weight.

Stainless steel machine bolts with fender washers and nyloc nuts.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Are you positive you got the same weight supports, just not the same expanded/collapsed length? I wonder if the foam is waterlogged, increasing the weight.

Stainless steel machine bolts with fender washers and nyloc nuts.
      yeah. I got the same exact Ameritool model. Will give the nyloc nuts a go.

Thanks

Comment

new nylon nuts and new stainless screws did the trick. now onto figuring out my gas strut issue.

Comment

Working...
        X