Vinly Color match 2004 22v Riders addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinly Color match 2004 22v Riders addition

I need your help…..I have a 2004 22V Riders Edition. It is the Black/Grey exterior and the interior is the white (maybe off white ) with the grey trim or accent colors on the seats. The grey trim/accent has some tears and is pulling apart at the seams and I am looking to have them re-done. In trying to match the grey I was unable to at the couple places I took them to. The grey almost looked to have some green tint to it. Does anyone have this color combination around that year? Tige said it was called platinum grey from a company G&T Industries which has since went out of business. Any help someone can give me on matching this color would be greatly appreciated. My front seats are in perfect shape and so is the captains chair. So if I cant get it close it will stick out like a sore thumb as I am only redoing the cockpit seating.

Hope some one can help.

Dan

I don't have your specific answer but I was in a similar situation. Is the grey trim on the seat backs the color you are trying to match?

I have a 2004 24V Rider's Edition. I just replaced all of my seat bottoms in the cockpit because of the seams splitting.

boards.jpg

2 things:
    1) I did not exactly match the grey. The grey on mine was slightly a different color where it was exposed to the sun. Even the white was different where it was exposed to sun/elements.
    2) My texture doesn't even match

I debated on going with a closer texture but in the end, decided to go with what I liked best (carbon fiber) and if I hated how the seat backs contrasted, I could later swap out that.

Another picture the day I installed the cushions:

vinyl 2.jpg

I was very happy how mine came out. It did not clash nearly as bad as expected. Since, all the seat bottoms in the cockpit were done (not captains seat).

Good luck. Hopefully, someone else will know where you can find something that matches. The uplulstery shop I went to warned me before I came that many boat mfr have proprietary vinyl specifically made for them that is difficult to get a 100% in texture and color.

As mentioned by WAboating I think, my new vinyl was not stretched nearly and tight as the factory vinyl. My new vinyl also has a better backing that stretches better than the fuzzy backing that came on my boat. You can tell that the seams will last longer than the factory seams (although my boat was nearly 10 years old when I bought it and it had the factory vinyl still in it).
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. Mine is the exact situation as yours. My seat backs are fine as are all my front seats. The accents where you replaced are what I am replacing as well. The seams came apart. I was thinking of going black as there is some black accent in our boats. Not sure how that would look might be much worse than just having a different shade of grey. Again thanks for the feedback.

Dan

Comment

Working...
      X