Change engine oil on a Tige RZ2 using a Mityvac 7400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change engine oil on a Tige RZ2 using a Mityvac 7400

HI I'm trying to change the engine oil on my 2007 Tige RZ2 by pumping the oil through the dipstick by using a Mityvac 7400. While the Mityvac is great for changing the gearbox ATF fluid it can't pump out the engine oil out of my GM Vortec engine. The engine is a V8 5.4L 340hp Marine Power GM Vortec based engine. I don't know what's wrong since I'm connecting the dipstick hose to the main suction tube and then via the rubber plug into the adaptor. The adopter goes into the top spout as specified in the owner's manual. Anyone tried this before? I thought of draining the oil out of the oil pan by loosening the nut like a car but I can't find a nut at the bottom of the oil pan. I'm running out of ideas - anyone else manage to get the oil out of their engine?

The engine oil needs to first be up to operating temperature, before the pump will draw it up the dipstick.

if you want to drain it, there is a drain hose attached to the oil pan that will just reach to the bilge drain. The end of that black hose is typically clipped to the bell housing of the engine on the port side and have a brass fitting on the end.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      if you want to drain it, there is a drain hose attached to the oil pan that will just reach to the bilge drain. The end of that black hose is typically clipped to the bell housing of the engine on the port side and have a brass fitting on the end....
      ...and usually that hose has a threaded fitting on it. Create an adapter using parts from your local hardware store such that the hose on the MityVac connects to the hose on the oil pan, and you'll be really happy with how well the system works!

Comment

X2, that's how I change mine

Comment

Many thanks guys

chpthril - I normally warm up my engine to around 100F. Is that good enough or should it be warmer? Would be really grateful if you could send a photo of your oil drain hose and where its located. I looked around like crazy for a hose connecting a oil pan but couldn't find it.

Comment

Working...
          X