Surf rope rubbing on Bimini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf rope rubbing on Bimini

Does anyone else have the issue with your surf rope rubbing on the Bimini? It doesn't seem to make a difference if the rope is routed on top or below it. Once the rider is standing the issue goes away but, I am pretty sure I am going to be replacing my rope this year. It appears to be fraying where it is rubbing.

Trent

Sure do I run mine under seems to not rub as bad as when ran on top

Comment

Iwndr if that is one of the reasons that Ragboy has his surf nubin that attaches to the side of the tower?

Comment

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
        Iwndr if that is one of the reasons that Ragboy has his surf nubin that attaches to the side of the tower?
        Might be. Don't even need the nubbin on the newer alpha z towers as long as your rope fits through the hoop at the end.

Comment

To be honest attaching the rope to side has always made me nervous. I have done it with some of the kids when surfing but most of the adults end up using the tow point in the center of the tower.

Comment

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
            It wasn't set up on the side at the polar bear event.

Comment

Originally posted by luke View Post
              It wasn't set up on the side at the polar bear event.
              I take that back it may have ben off to one side it would still rub but the Bimini was not up we were taking in all the warm sun we could get

Comment

Can you guys show pics of how and where the rope is rubbing on the Bimini? I don't seem to have the issues your talking about, and I've been surfing my boat since 2010, same rope and Bimini and no running issues.
                2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I noticed my surf rope rubbed on the top of the rear edge of the bimini on Day One. I was worried about wear issues, so I put some shrink wrap on the rope around the area of contact. Shrink wrap is nice and smooth, so in addition to protecting the rope it also protects the far-more-expensive bimini. Fast, cheap, and effective.

Comment

The shiny black material on the top of my Bimini is scuffed up pretty good from the surf rope.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                      I noticed my surf rope rubbed on the top of the rear edge of the bimini on Day One. I was worried about wear issues, so I put some shrink wrap on the rope around the area of contact. Shrink wrap is nice and smooth, so in addition to protecting the rope it also protects the far-more-expensive bimini. Fast, cheap, and effective.
                      Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Thank very much!

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                          X