Winterizing Ballast Tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterizing Ballast Tanks?

09 Z1 - engine is taken care of-well all most-just fogging left. While draining trans I saw a knob on the pipe at the bottom of each (what I believe to be) input pump for the ballast. Will turning these knobs open the valve to drain any remaining water out of the system? Why are the knobs there?
    Friends don't let friends POWERTURN

You are going to need to post a pic of what your are referring to. The only valve I can think of, is the emergency shutoff ball-valve. These would already be open, otherwise, your ballast would never fill. In the open position, any water remaining in the fill line will drain out when the boat is pulled from the water. But, this will not drain any water in the tank and drain pump. You need to get the nose up as high as possible, like park on a hill, and kick on the drain pumps until there is no more water discharging. After that, I think its a good idea to put a little marine/rv antifreeze down drain thru-hull. This will add some protection for any water left in the drain pump
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes, the ball valve-that is exactly what it is. I already got the bow up and drained water, I am guessing a few gallons came out, more then I expected. I will add some rv/marine antifreeze down the drain holes. I got 4 gallons, 1 for each tank (or bag) Thank you for the tip!
      Friends don't let friends POWERTURN

Comment

Where are the drain pumps? I found the fill pumps but never came across the drain pumps.

Comment

Drain pumps are connected right to the hard tanks,
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

On the bottom I assume.

How about for the front sacs?

Comment

The pumps for the front sac are right at the sac

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                Where are the drain pumps? I found the fill pumps but never came across the drain pumps.
                Here's a thread with some good pics

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ion&highlight=

Comment

Those pictures are still confusing in that thread. On my 2013, the batteries are both on the port side, so some of the intructions don't seem to apply.

There are 8 total pumps yes? 4 right under the center floor panel, 2 under the hard tanks, and 2 in the front?

Comment

Working...
                  X