So how much boat care products does the average guy use in a season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how much boat care products does the average guy use in a season

We have made it through the season and enjoyed it.
    We are also getting much needed rain it Texas so this has to help our boating season next year.

I was curious to find out how much boat care products does the average boat owner go through in a season.
    To keep things simple I broke it down to three categories: Spray Detailer/Water Spot Remover, Waxes/Polishes/Compounds, and finally Vinyl care.
    You don't have to share the brands just the quantities in pints, quarts or gallons.

Thanks for any information you can share.

John...
    What Rocks Your Boat?

This is what I used this year:

-1 gallon of spray detailer (from a boat care company) (next year I will either be ordering a gallon of hula or boat candy)
    -12 oz of 303 spray (for interior)
    -24 oz of vinyl cleaner (automotive stuff much cheaper)
    -12 oz spray wax (from a boat care company)
    -compound as needed (west marine stuff)
    -8 oz of liquid polish (3m stuff or seabrite)
    -8 oz of liquid wax (3m stuff)

I have a small boat, and put 120 hours on her. Boat lives on the water so most was spray down after skiing.
    When I trailered I used much more liquid compound and wax, and a lot less wipe down spray (I put a lot less hours on the boat)

Comment

Last year I put 85 hours on the boat, I use spray detailer (not dilluted) after each trip and used about a gallon. This year I only put 40 hours on and used about a 1/2 gallon of spray detailer. I use only 1 32oz bottle of vinyl cleaner each year and use one 32oz bottle of conditioner after 2 seasons. I garage my boat so I only wax once a year but I've used one bottle of Hulu Polymer stuff to wax my boat twice.
      2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
      2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

My boat care usage is the same as Ewok for similiar hours.

Comment

I think it depends if I were a trailer boater I would use a lot more but keeping the boat in a hoist it's a little more difficult to wipe down the sides each time depending on the lift set-up.

Comment

Gentlemen thanks for your input.
            John...
            What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

we only trailer and I'm on a very "spotty" lake. I go through about two gallons of detailer a year. I seem to buy more wax than I ever use and then I change it up all the time so not really sure how much I use. I did put three coats of the starbrite ptef on this year and that stuff was fantastic.

Comment

Working...
              X