fuel filter change and fogging of engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel filter change and fogging of engine

I have the fuel filter, any tips on how to remove the canister or hoses connected below?? The last time I did this I tried unscrewing the attachments, only to find they are welded on. Simply release the hose clamps and twist off counter-clockwise??
    With regard to fogging the motor on a 5.7 340 hp marine power, where and how is the best way to fog the motor of winterization?? Since there is no carb, whats the best option?? Is it neccessary?
    Thanks for the heads up guys!

For fogging, some will say do it, some will say not to, and there are 2 main ways to do it, though the air intake or by removing the spark plugs and turning the engine by hand at the crank. I followed instructions from my PCM manual by removing the spark plugs, spraying fogging oil into the cylinders, turning the engine crank by hand and then re-installing the spark plugs.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

IIRC from reading various threads you shouldn't fog if it is MPI

For the canister I used a heavy duty oil strap wrench and it came right off. Many have said theirs wasn't very easy though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
        I followed instructions from my PCM manual by removing the spark plugs, spraying fogging oil into the cylinders, turning the engine crank by hand and then re-installing the spark plugs.
        +1. This is the proper and safest method. You can fog a carbed engine through the carbs, but fuel injected engines have lots of sensors in the intake path that can be fouled by exposure to fogging oil. Nothing but air should go into the air intake of a fuel injected engine. That's why they say to remove the plugs and squirt it through the plug holes.

Comment

Working...
        X