Fuel Tank Level Wire - 2007 22Ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Tank Level Wire - 2007 22Ve

So, I was out a few weeks ago and had a great idea to bring out my service guys for a fun day on the lake. So I had a boatload of 8 fairly large (200+lbs each) guys. We spent the day wakeboarding, kneeboarding, and finally filled up the port locker and surfed. The boat drank quite a bit of gas that day. I filled up the following day to take the family out and put 40 gallons in it.

Well, the next day with the family I notive a ticking sound coming from the v-drive. I pulled the cover and discovered that there was a wire wrapped around the output shaft from the v-drive. It took be about an hour to clear out the wire. It was black and looked like it had wire loom around it. I changed the v-drive oil and the tranny oil to make sure it wasn't anything with the oil levels making the ticking noise.

So, we get it back in the water and the ticking noise is gone, but the fuel gauge quit working. Putting two and two together, one assumes that the wire that was spun up in the v-drive shaft was probably the fuel tank level indicator wire. So, I need to get this fixed, but I don't have an owner's manual or a wiring schematic of the electrical system on the boat. Does anyone have an idea of where the fuel indicator wire initiates from and terminates into?

I wonder what caused this? I know the day I had all the guys in the boat there was a lot of water in the bilge from everyone coming in and out. Maybe I should check the bilge pump to make sure it is turning on when it is supposed to...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

To my knowledge, the fuel level sending unit wire is not run individually from the boat's main harness, its all wrapped up in it. So unless someone routed a new sending unit wire, thats not what you found wrapped up around the drive line. Sounds like a ballast pump wire maybe. Does the "transmission" light on the dash still work? Boat still starts, so its not NSS.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The bilge still works in manual mode, but I will double check.

You know I have never noticed a transmission light on the dash so, I am going to say that it probably doesn't work. IWNDR where that runs from and to...

Comment

Ballast pump, not bilge. Bilge pump is too far back towards the transom, but a ballast pump runs right along the STBD stringer.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I don't have factory ballast - still using the 'fill it yourself' method which I hope you will help me rid myself of this winter.

I will look and see if the tranny wire is still attached. That may be the culprit. The guy who owned this before me had the engine replaced and they might have incorrectly routed the wire which could have fallen and became v-drive meat.

If it is not the fuel wire, then I probably have a float that is stuck in the tank huh?

Comment

ok, so no ballast, back to the drawing board. An engine replacement could easily put a wire harness in a spot it wasnt originally. Is the fuel level stuck on full or empty?

Comment

It is stuck on empty.

Comment

Working...
              X